One of the advantages to purchasing a modular home is that you get to customize and personalize it however you want before it is built. This is a great way to create a functional home for you and your family with little time and effort on your part – all you have to do is get creative!
This is the perfect way to create your dream home! It’s also a great way to ensure that your home is equipped with stronger elements and energy-efficient features, which will be very beneficial to your home living financial situation.
Before construction begins, think of yours and your family’s lifestyle and make a checklist of what you have in mind for your home and features that will best accommodate your style of living and your own personal style.
The following are just some questions you should include on your checklist:
– Do you prefer a one-story or two-story home?
– What is your ideal budget?
– How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need/prefer?
– Do you need a formal dining room/separate family room and dining room?
– What comes to mind when you think of your perfect kitchen?
– What type of floor plans have you seen in other homes you have liked?
– Why type of floor plans fit best in the community you will be living in?
– Do you want additions such as a garage, basement, porch, deck or attic space?
– What do you like about the floor plan of your current home? What are some things you would change?
– Do you need a study or home office?
– How big would you like the rooms to be?
– What are your preferences when it comes to windows?
– Do you want a storage area in or outside of the home?
These are just some of the things to consider when thinking about how you want to customize your home. Once you have these ideas down on paper, sketch out a rough floor plan to discuss with the building team. Allow yourself and the contractors enough time to consider the best way to approach the layout and design that is closest to what you want.